club rules & Dues
1. The Club shall be called the Harwich & Dovercourt Camera Club; membership shall be open to all interested in photography.
2. Membership of the Club implies the undertaking to comply with and abide by these rules.
3. The annual subscriptions shall be fixed for the following year at the A.G.M.
4. The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the Officers and a minimum of 3 members, all to be elected annually. The Committee has the power to co-opt new members to the Committee if deemed necessary.
5. The Officers and Committee are eligible for re-election each year at the AGM.
6. At a committee meeting 4 shall form a quorum and at a general meeting 6.
7. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings and conduct the correspondence of the Club. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies due after authorisation by the Committee. At the close of each Club year a Balance Sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and audited by an auditor appointed for this purpose at the AGM. The person responsible for the maintenance of the Club Website is allowed a certain amount of creative licence, but it is the Chairman and the Committee who have overall control of what material is shown on the World Wide Web.
8. Competitions – only “fully paid up” members may enter Club competitions or be eligible to submit images for selection for an inter-club battle. For the sake of clarity a “fully paid up” member is one that has paid their annual subscription fee for the year, is an Honorary Member, or is under 18 years of age.
9. Prints submitted for competitions can be any size, however, they must be mounted on a 50cm x 40cm mount and the backing board must be fixed with double sided tape or adhesive so that when it is stacked it will not adhere to any image underneath it. Maximum entries are 3 colour and 3 black and white or mono.
10 Prints gaining 1st place will be awarded 7 points, 2nd place 5 points, 3rd place 3 points and 0 points will be awarded for highly commended at the Judge’s discretion.
11. No “point winning” print shall be re-entered in future competitions.
12. All winning prints shall be made available for selection for inter-club competitions.
13. No alteration of or addition to these rules shall be made except by the A.G.M. or Special Meeting, called in accordance with Rule 6.
1. All DPI’s must be resized to 1400 x 900 and must carry the owner’s name and image name.
2. A maximum number of 3 coloured prints or DPI’s, 3 Mono prints or DPI’s in each category may be entered in each club competition.
3. Prints and DPI’s used in monthly club competitions and that achieve 1st, 2nd and 3rd status cannot be used in other club competitions. This does not invalidate them from selection for Inter-club competitions.
5. A panel will comprise of 4 related prints and/or DPI’s. The material must be original, i.e. never having been entered in previous competitions.
6. Any mono print that has been tinted may only use one colour tint.
7. All DPI competition entries must be submitted to the Digital Competitions Secretary or his representative at least 3 days before the competition date and must be correctly resized. Print entries may be submitted on the evening of the competition.
8. It is vital that all prints, having received 1st, 2nd and 3rd status in club competitions, maintain the Competition Secretary’s details on the back of the mount. Please observe this rule if, for whatever reason, it becomes necessary to remount the print.
9. The best of year competition entries will comprise of the seasons 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners only.
10. Trade processed photographic material of any kind is acceptable for any purpose within the clubs activities providing it is within the parameters of the above rules.
11. All work entered for competition must be the author’s own work.